A leading technology company who work closely with the aviation industry require a new Business Development Manager to join their growing team. They are at an exciting period of development and this role is key to their growth agenda. They are looking for a Business Development Manager with hunger to add value at an exciting phase of the business and who can break into previously untouched markets with lots of potential for success.
• Generates business opportunities to ensure achievement of monthly and yearly sales targets.
• Targets and qualifies the ‘right’ business, ensuring the required metrics to develop a pipeline of opportunity
commensurate with target and monthly sales metrics.
• Actively identifies new opportunities – maintaining an accurate database, pipeline and records (company CRM tool).
• To make sales projections monthly, quarterly, delivering a minimum of 85% accuracy.
• Makes recommendations relating to the commercial development of target sectors/customers.
• Working with the technical team in the preparation of PQQ’s and Tenders, and leading the opportunity internally.
• Writing compliant tender responses and specifications.
• Presenting sales proposals and managing the sales process from target through to order.
• To work with operations teams toward the satisfactory implementation of new customer solutions and achieving
increased visibility of new opportunities within new customers.
Some international travel will be required.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Track record in sales – software sales ideal
• A great eye for detail and excellent organisational skills
• The ability to maintain the honesty and integrity of the firm
• Strong communication skills (telephone manner, writing skills, any foreign language skills)
• Being able to work with a team
• Being self-motivated and proactive
The ideal candidate may have worked within a scaling operation or delivered targets consistently within a fast paced and changeable tech start up or software services organisation. A sales background in the Airline and/or Airport industry would be advantageous but not essential.
Culturally and operationally it demonstrates all the hallmarks of a vibrant and maturing tech-start up – it is now embarking on a new phase of growth and this is a fantastic time to join them.
|Job Category||Account Manager, business development, Business Management, Career, International, IT, London, Sales, Tech|