A prestigious law firm based in Chancery Lane is currently looking for an experienced Learning & Development Executive to work alongside the Senior Learning & Development Manager to develop and manage the on-going learning and development programme.
- Supporting the Learning and Development Manager with administrative tasks including preparing departmental roadmaps and assisting the L&D manager with strategy documents, policies and partner reports.
- Assisting the Learning and Development Manager to create and deliver to the firm a full training programme, including a variety of skills-based training initiatives utilising appropriate methods of training delivery
- Helping to ensure that the firm meets its risk and compliance obligations through the delivery of compulsory learning activities and on-line platforms
- Using Insite (LMS) to offer out and manage the provision and uptake of training programmes to different user groups and monitoring and reporting on learning activity, including contributing analytics to monthly Partners Report, APIL Reports etc.
- Helping to demonstrate return on investment of Learning and Development by gathering feedback, analysing learning outcomes and calculating the budget
- Promoting Learning and Development services and events generally across the firm
- Researching, organising and facilitating training workshops using internal or external suppliers and trainers, ensuring that training rooms are reserved, configured appropriately and that technology (both physical & Zoom), equipment, catering, training materials, stationery etc are available
- Organise Learning at Work Week
- Meet with stakeholders across the business to assess training and development needs as well as liaise with KDLs to help disseminate key legal, business and industry information. Work closely the Projects, IT & HR teams to roll out new initiates or software.
- Externally build relationships with BD teams at various different chambers and liaise with barristers, QCs and various other speakers throughout the year to ensure we get the best speakers in to talk to our team.
- Work well with external suppliers, and managing these kind of relationships, including the provision of NDAs.
- Responsible for on-boarding homepages, developing and maintaining corresponding forms and workflows.
- Delivering L&D guidance in the induction session and then administrating the process to user completion.
- Responsible for reviewing analytics including attendance, views, ensuring mandatory reads are read, chasing where required.
- Designing web pages, developing, maintaining and updating digital learning platform on insite.
- Produce digital content, edit video & write content for intranet including adding events, uploading QRGS, embedding videos, adding widgets etc.
- Preparing business cases for business problems, including for technical specifications and product selections.
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong IT skills & a high standard of technical ability including digital content, video production/editing (Abobe Premiere Pro, Vimeo, Camtasia) elearning and live online learning (Zoom)
- Able to identify appropriate learning options, including on-line self-service sessions, webinars, workshops, lectures, interactive group activities etc.
- Good understanding of different individual learning styles and preferences and ability to tailor training to accommodate these as far as possible
- Passionate about L&D & appreciation of the benefits of continued learning and development at work
- Motivated by learning outcomes that meet business needs
- Familiar with learning management and intranet software, including designing workflows and forms
- Organised, enthusiastic and engaging
- Awareness of risk, compliance and health and safety requirements within a law firm
- Events management skills
- Good communication & relationship building skills. Confident in speaking to members of staff across the business and external parties.
- Experience working within a law firm or other professional services organisation in an L&D role.
- Good academics, ideally graduate level
- A teaching or technical training qualification, possibly CIPD in Learning and Development or an LPI qualification.
- Well organised, uses initiative, prioritises appropriately, applies self, shows attention to detail, manages own workload and meets deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills (respectful, positive, articulate, professional and sympathetic)
- Delivers helpful internal services with a “can do” approach, shows commercial awareness and represents the department/firm appropriately
- Shares information and ideas
- Accepts and follows instructions, listens, makes notes, questions appropriately, co-operates
- Shows sound judgement and decision-making skills; acts within boundaries
- Shows commitment, passion and enthusiasm
- Is a respectful, reliable and supportive team player
- Reflects the firm’s culture
Salary up to £45,000. The role is due to start ASAP.
You will also have the opportunity to work in the office three days a week and two days from home.
Hours of work: 9:30am-5:30pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
|Job Category||HR, Job Ad, Law|